Having beautiful legs with flawless skin are no less than an asset. Many men and women these days love to put on multiple types of fashionable outfits to match their style and to exhibit their legs. However, sometimes due to spider veins, the natural beauty and pleasant appearance of the legs get barred. These are problematic veins that make legs appear rather unattractive and at times ugly. Many people who suffer from this condition are often ignorant till they get awfully really painful. Apart from making the legs appear ugly, if not treated well in time, they become painful to the point that walking a small distance becomes difficult.
It is very much important that suitable treatment for these veins must be looked for well in time so as to avoid any complications later on. Thanks to the latest innovations in the field of medical science particularly cosmetic surgery due to which spider veins treatment can now be done quickly and painlessly. There will no longer be any need to feel embarrassed whenever there is a need to wear something short which may expose those unattractive blood vessels. The procedure is rather quick and only takes a few visits to the doctor to minimize or get rid of them completely.
Although the condition is quite common but still most people are least aware that how these unsightly veins appear on the skin, as they are mostly associated with legs. Spider veins are swollen or enlarged blood vessels that appear at the surface of the skin when weak valves are present and blood cannot circulate properly on the affected areas which results in blood leakage. Some of the factors that may cause weak valves in the veins include aging, hormonal imbalance, menopause, pregnancy, and obesity. If this condition runs in your family, you are at risk of having it as well.
Below given are some features of such skin condition as well as the type of treatments available for them:
- People with fair skin are likely to be high-risk for this condition particularly when they have to stay exposed to the sun for a long time.
- Various types of jobs like those that require long hours of sitting and standing can also lead to the formation of spider veins.
- Sclerotherapy is the most suggested procedure for this condition which involves the use of a very fine needle for injecting liquid into the veins.
- The injected liquid can either be saltwater-base or saline solution which disturbs the veins such that they would swell, seal on their own, and become scar tissue.
- The unsightly veins start to fade within a few weeks of time after the treatment.